- Effective Home Remedies For Pink EyePosted 2 years ago
- Effective Home Remedies For Plantar WartsPosted 3 years ago
- Common Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts RupturePosted 3 years ago
- Effective Herbal Remedies For GoutPosted 3 years ago
- 8 Homemade Recipes With Coconut Oil For A Radiant SkinPosted 3 years ago
- Quick Exercises To Tighten Your ButtPosted 3 years ago
- Effective Home Remedies For UTIPosted 3 years ago
Common Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts Rupture
Ovarian cysts are a medical condition characterized by the presence of tiny transparent fluid-filled sacs within the ovaries of a woman. Nearly all women have ovarian cysts present inside their ovaries. Most of the cysts are harmless and go undetected. They need to be treated as soon as possible when the woman starts showing signs of ruptured ovarian cysts.
A woman might experience general pain and discomfort due to the presence of cysts in the ovaries. However, this discomfort is very different from the pain caused by the rupturing of the cysts. Normally, ovarian cysts are not life-threatening but if they are ruptured the woman can bleed to death.
In this article, we will look at some of the common and not-so-common symptoms of ovarian cysts rupture. It is important to know these symptoms in order to seek medical intervention and treatment.
Common Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts Rupture
The most common symptom of rupturing of ovarian cysts is pain. Many women will find it difficult to distinguish between the pain that is generally associated with menstruation and the pain that accompanies bursting of the ovarian cysts. The reason is that both types of pain are very similar in nature.
You will feel excruciating pain in the pelvic region including the lower abdomen. The pain will not go away despite taking medication. The pain will start as a dull ache and then turn sharp and throbbing.
The pain will be felt at all times but will be more intense when you have a bowel movement or indulge in sexual activity that involves penetration of the vagina. Physical activities like running, swimming and playing vigorous sports will flare the pain.
The pain will become unbearable when you have your menstrual cycles. You will also notice heavy bleeding including heavy clotting. Your regular pain medications will be of no use during this time.
Other Signs Of Ruptured Ovarian Cysts
There are other symptoms of ruptured ovarian cysts as well that are not so common. It is important to keep a look out for these symptoms in case you suspect ovarian cysts rupture.
1. Your abdomen will feel tender. Even a slight touch to the lower abdomen will cause pain. The stomach may also appear distended because of the internal bleeding caused by the rupture of ovarian cysts.
2. You will feel nauseatic for most part of the day. Nausea may also be accompanied with serious bouts of vomiting if the ruptured ovarian cysts are left untreated.
3. Some women also experience weakness and because of the heavy loss of blood a few women may actually have fainting spells because of the weakness.
4. Sudden fever accompanied with chills is another not-so-common symptom of ruptured ovarian cysts. The fever may not go despite taking medication.
5. Often the blood pressure will change drastically. It may become way higher or lower than the normally accepted limit.
Photo Credit: http://rapgenius.com/Rapsody-non-fiction-lyrics#note-1185615