Effects Of Cucumber In Maintaining Calm & Hydrated Skin
Do you know your favorite salad ingredient that you always hog upon, also complements your skin when applied on it? Well! You heard it right. Cucumber has immense potential to work marvel on your skin, both when you eat it and use it on your skin.
While the lush and lavish skin treatments and fancy facials may seem enticing, it is not always required to break the bank to get healthy, glowing, and beautiful skin. Sometimes, simple ingredients like plants, or plant-based products are exactly what your skin has been craving. You already know one of your favorite skin-friendly plants, Cucumbers!
Packed with a bevy of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, cucumber makes one healthy addition to your summer skin care routine as it helps in fighting a variety of skin woes too. The minerals and vitamins improve the skin and leave it rejuvenated. Most importantly, cucumbers are a brilliant source of silica – the beauty mineral. In addition to it, cucumber has high antioxidant levels, which calms inflammation on the skin and reduces the likelihood of redness, puffiness, and blemishes.
How Cucumber Rejuvenates The Skin?
Cucumber as a single ingredient resolves many skin problems and ensures healthy, hydrated, and younger-looking skin. cucumber benefits skin by delivering inflammation-fighting vitamin C and caffeic acid, and when applied to the face in the form of some skincare product, these same nutrients can provide a positive effect for rejuvenating the natural complexion.
Cucumber benefits the skin due to the following effects:
- Antioxidant activity
- Skin nourishment
- Soothing and cooling effects
- Reduce swelling
- Alleviate sunburn
The main constituent of cucumber is water (96 percent), making it a hydrating addition to skin treatments as well as being generally safe for sensitive skin due to its lack of harsh, potentially irritating ingredients.
The cucumber belongs to the gourd family and is known for being crunchy and cool, but they are also great for your complexion. In the beauty industry, cucumber is renowned as a super food for the skin. They have been used in skincare for decades to address common skin concerns like hydration, ageing, dullness, and inflammation.
Packed With Skin Loving Nutrients:
With plenty of vitamins and nutrients, the super food cucumber has an upper hand when it comes to skincare. Vitamins play a key role in overall health but they’re particularly effective in supporting skin health when applied topically.
Cucumbers are encumbered with antioxidants, which are molecules that help fight oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Although many of the fruits and vegetables, in general, are rich in antioxidants, cucumbers specifically contain vitamin C, caffeic acid, and folic acid. Vitamin C that is linked with many citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits, is an antioxidant that clarifies and brightens skin. Whereas, caffeic acid and folic acid helps to increase collagen production and defend against signs of premature aging. Collagen production typically declines over time, which is why it is beneficial to incorporate ingredients like caffeic acid and folic acid in the form of cucumber into your daily skincare routine.
One of our favorite beauty products that are rich in cucumber is the Oriental Botanics’ Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Peel Off Mask. It deeply cleans the skin and leaves it extremely hydrated, nourished, and balanced. It lightens complexion and adds a healthy glow to the skin. The cucumber extracts in this Peel-Off Mask helps in instantly brightening the complexion and reveals the natural beauty of the skin. It pulls out the dead skin cells and the gunk trapped in the pores and restores the skin’s purified state. It is packed with nutrient-rich botanical ingredients that supply the essential external nourishment that the skin needs to regain its luster and suppleness. It soothes and refreshes the skin stressed by environmental aggressors.
Hydrates The Skin:
Every individual’s effort to keep the skin hydrated helps to improve its elasticity and firmness. Lack of hydration can make a visible difference to your skin and it may look dry and flaky. Ultimately, the skin becomes more prone to fine lines and wrinkles. You can sustain a healthy, glowing complexion by replenishing your skin with hydrating ingredients like cucumber.
Just like the magical aloe vera, cucumbers comprise polysaccharides, which help the skin to attract and retain moisture. Cucumbers also consist of 96% water, to be exact. This high water content is a key advantage of cucumbers in that it allows them to provide superior hydration to the skin.
Despite having such high water content, cucumbers will not be able to keep your skin properly hydrated if not used correctly. Follow tips on how to hydrate your skin with cucumber rich skincare products and remember to moisturize your skin every single day and yes, no excuses!
Cucumbers have some major soothing and cooling effects on the skin, making them particularly favorable for those with sensitive or irritated skin. In fact, it is a natural ingredient that is appropriate for all skin types. They also have essential anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful in reducing swelling and morning puffiness.
Spend a little too much time in the sun? Or maybe you forgot to reapply your sunscreen? Summers and sunburns are the most common and unavoidable relationships. Cucumber is known for its property helps to get rid of sunburn and efficiently does the trick. It can soothe and calm mildly burnt or damaged skin and help alleviate sunburn due to its cooling properties.
Ideal For Acne-Prone Skin:
Cucumbers are a mild astringent, which makes them responsible to tauten and tighten pores, help regulate oil production, as well as reduce the appearance of pore size. Excess amounts of oil and clogged pores often contribute to breakouts. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin, cucumber will be your skin’s new favorite in the skin care regime.
Ways To Use Cucumber For Skin
Cucumbers can be used in a variety of ways and are found in many different skincare products such as cleansers, toners, and facemasks. Since it is a mild ingredient, it can be used on a daily basis but be sure to choose the homemade face pack for glowing skin and other products according to your skin type. Here are a few ways to use cucumber for skin and get your shiniest and healthiest skin.
- Cucumber-based Cleanser: Cucumber extract is often used in facial cleansers due to their soothing and cooling effects on the skin. Remember to wash your face every night before bed to get rid of dirt, oil, and bacteria that have built up on your skin throughout the day. For a completely hydrated and supple skin, try Oriental Botanics’ Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Hydrating Face Wash. It has a deep cleansing action, combined with skin-balancing effect. This hydrating face wash replenishes the skin’s hydration so that your skin does not feel dry, stretched or scratchy and remains supple after cleaning. This is a multipurpose product that combines cleansing with skincare to restore the skin’s purified state. Despite its powerful cleansing action, it is gentle on the skin. Its rich creamy lather washes away all traces of impurities and clears the skin so that your skin feels fresh and is revitalized. Packed with skin hydrating and nourishing botanical ingredients, it instantly eliminates skin dullness and brings out the natural beauty of your skin.
- Cucumber-enriched Toner: Since cucumber is a mild astringent, it is often found in toners. Applying toner is an important step in a skincare routine because it helps to balance the skin’s pH level, get rid of excess oil and dirt, hydrate and nourish skin, and refine pores.
- Oriental Botanics’ Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Face Toner is enriched with the amazing properties of cucumber. This toner boosts the skin’s hydration and is an exceptional skincare product with multiple benefits. It is the product with properties that you need to complete your cleansing ritual and for enhancing your skin’s ability to absorb moisture and nutrients from moisturizing and nourishing skincare products so that your skin feels and looks naturally beautiful. The face toner effectively cleans the pores and eliminates impurities, pollutants, and toxins, which escape the regular soap cleansing.
- Cucumber-infused Face Mask: Cucumber extract is a popular ingredient in store-bought face masks. It is astonishingly refreshing and soothing. Try Oriental Botanics’ Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber Face Mask. It absorbs the deep-seated dirt and excess oil, clears the pores and thoroughly cleans and purifies the skin. The botanical ingredients of the face wash nourish the skin, boost skin hydration and instantly brighten the complexion. It is the skin care product that you need before a special event to quickly reveal the inner radiance of your skin. The bioactive constituents of the mask easily penetrate your skin and supports in renewal and regeneration of the skin cells.
Pampering your skin frequently with the hydrating and nourishing cucumber-based products is the best decision ever. Believe it or not, your skin will thank you later!
To experience the amazing benefits of cucumber, try our Aloe Vera, Green Tea & Cucumber range. To explore more products Click here:
Also, Don’t Forget to check out our Best Sellers!